Our Story

How It All Started
The Aledo Church of Christ has rich, deep roots in the Aledo area.

Although there are undocumented reports of tent meetings in Aledo in the late 1890's, the earliest confirmed record of the Church of Christ in Aledo dates from 1902 when G. Dallas Smith conducted a tent meeting here. Afterward, the meetings of the church were held in the school building.

In 1904, the elders of the Christian Church in Aledo purchased the tract of land at the SW corner of the end of Bowie Street (one block south of the RR crossing) and a meeting house was constructed there in 1906 (recently known as the Parson’s Table).
The Next Stage
And the church continued to grow

  • In the 1940s a preacher's house was built
  • In the 1950s the building was expanded 
  • In the 1960s a new preacher's house replaced the original
  • In 1971, the present church building was built. It was constructed to seat over 300 people and had a dozen classrooms, a fellowship room, office, and a nursery.
  • In 1982, a two story addition doubled the size of the fellowship room, added eight more classrooms, another office, more restroom facilities and a printing room.  
  • In 2000, a complete renovation of the building was completed.
Where We Are Headed
We are poised for the future, with a strong group of lifelong Aledo-ians and an influx of young families the Aledo church is excited to grow in our faith and to continue sharing the gospel with our community.

Only God knows what the future holds for our church.
Original Church Building

Be a part of our story...

Join us every Sunday as we gather to worship together a 10:30 am and 5 pm.
We also have Bible classes for all ages Sunday at 9:30 am and Wednesday at 7 pm.